Public Relations & Marketing
News and Events
Battle of the Genders at SWOSU
February 2, 2007
The Battle of the Genders is returning to the Southwestern Oklahoma State University campus, and four lucky SWOSU students who win the contest will win trips to Cancun, Mexico.
The SWOSU Collegiate Activities Board will host the second annual event on the evenings of February 20-21 in the Wellness Center on the Weatherford campus. The event pits groups of four competing against each other in various contests.
“We are very excited to put this event on once again and we know that it is going to be great!” said Heather Leach, the new assistant director of CAB.
CAB Director Shameika Williams said teams are encouraged to register in Stafford Center 214, which is the Dean of Students office. Williams said faculty, staff and administrators can also participate and compete with or against the younger SWOSU teams.
The rules are simple:
- Each team must be same-gender, i.e. all male or all female.
- Each team must register in the Dean of Students Office Stafford 214 in order to compete.
- Forms are available on the CAB website.
- Teams can be a mixture of faculty, staff, administrators or students.
- Non-enrolled, non-SWOSU employed individuals may not be members of any team.
- Teams can not switch-out members once games have begun.
- Changes to team members can be made after team information has been submitted in registration if the Battle of the Genders has not yet begun.
- Team t-shirts are required in order for teams to be easily identified by the judges. If this is not “doable” teams must wear a specific and uniform shirt color.
- Your team must be present both nights in order to be eligible to win.
- Each team is required to sign a liability release form as a part of registration.
- Most importantly, teams must be willing to get dirty!
Some of this year’s events include:
- “Fearful Food” Consumption
- Gender related trivia contest
- Turkey bowling
- And many more…
Williams said the team with the most event wins at the end of this two-day fiasco will each win a trip to Cancun.
For more information, contact CAB at (580) 774-7153 or 774-3767. The registration form and liability release form are now available.