SWOSU-Sayre Students Win at PBL Conference
Members of the Southwestern Oklahoma State University-Sayre chapter of Phi Beta Lambda recently competed in the business organization's state leadership conference in Midwest City.
Students who won awards included:
- Cyndy Blevins, Sayre, 1st in Records Management, 2nd in Telephone Skills, 3rd in Business Decision Making, and 3rd in Marketing Concepts
- Sarah Kenney, Elk City, 5th in Accounting Principles
- Petra Acosta, Sayre, 3rd in Business Communications
- Cindy Ezzel, Sayre, 1st in Business Communications and 5th in Marketing Concepts
- Kelsey Ackley, Sayre, 3rd in Business Decision Making and 2nd in Financial Concepts.
- Blake Bustin, Elk City, 1st in Client Services and 3rd in Job Interview.
A team competition to collect the most teddy bears was also held. The SWOSU-Sayre team collected 78 bears, which earned 3rd place. The bears were donated to the Oklahoma City YWCA's Domestic Violence Women's Shelter.
"PBL gives the students an idea of what business and career-related areas are out there for them," said faculty sponsor Holly Hernandez. "The state-based competition at the spring state leadership conference allows them to compete in events testing their business knowledge and skills."
Hernandez said she has a great group of students and was very pleased with their performance at the state conference.