SWOSU Wins 12 State PR Awards
Southwestern Oklahoma State University recently won the most awards among all Oklahoma colleges and universities at the Oklahoma College Public Relations Association state conference held July 11-13 at Post Oak Lodge near Tulsa.
SWOSU won 12 awards, edging out the University of Oklahoma and Noble Foundation, which each won 11 awards. The University of Central Oklahoma won 10 awards followed by Northeastern State University's nine to round out the top universities.
The statewide competition featured over 400 entries in 31 categories of competition, recognizing outstanding work produced by OCPRA professionals in public relations, development, audio-visual communications, publications, design, periodicals, writing, photography, sports and alumni programs.
SWOSU entries that won awards were:
- Events/Promotions - Kyle Wright for "SWOSU Saturday"
- Admissions Viewbook - Todd Boyd, Shamus Moore and Rebecca Manney for "iSWOSU"
- Digitally Enhanced Photography - Kyle Wright for "Destiny"
- Traditional Photography/Sports - Cody Roper for "Just in Time?"
- Traditional Photography/General - Kyle Wright for "One Last Memory"
- Poster Design - Kyle Wright for "Football Poster: This Is Our House"
- Featurette Writing - Brian Adler for "Even Duke the Mascot Needs to Learn!"
- Traditional Photography/Sports - Cody Roper for "When Dawgs Fly?"
- Traditional Photography/General - Kyle Wright for "Autumn's Glow"
- Campaigns - Debbie Brown and Brian Adler for "SWOSU Items for Your Business"
- Campaigns - Kyle Wright for "2009-10 This is Our House, Sports Campaign"
- Bright Ideas - Brian Adler for "Best Joke Contest"