SWOSU Biology Students to Present Posters on Water and Life
Biology majors in the Senior Seminar course at Southwestern Oklahoma State University will present posters Monday through Wednesday, April 18-20, on the Weatherford campus.
The presentations will be held on the second floor of the Old Science Building. The theme of this semester’s posters is water and life. Students, who have completed undergraduate research projects, will also present their posters.
Posters will be available for viewing from 9 a.m. through 5:30 p.m. each day. Student authors will be available from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. on Monday. The public is invited to attend. Senior Seminar is the capstone course for the biology major.
Posters and presenters are:
- Waterborne Disease and Human Health, Akhigbe Oriabumere Cyril, Oklahoma City
- VSM-1 Overexpression Inhibits Synaptic Transmission, Angela Edwards, Oologah
- Vsm-1 (ok 1468) Deletion Mutants Have Increased Synaptogenesis, Carissa Fischer, Weatherford
- Effects of Water Temperature on Distribution of Aquatic Organisms, Renji Mathew, Oklahoma City
- Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria in Wastewater Effluent, Richard Maul, Siloam Springs, AR
- The Effects of Human Activity on Fresh Water Periphyton, Caleb Murrow, Yukon
- Drought Tolerance for Crop Production, Sean O'Brien, Midwest City
- Osmoadaptation among Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Vibrio parahaemolyticus, Tera Santistevan, Owasso
- Exploration of Heme Biosynthesis Mutants in Vibrio fischeri. Tyler Shadid, Weatherford