Public Relations & Marketing
News and Events
SWOSU Offering Four Continuing Education Courses During Fall Semester
August 9, 2012
Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford is offering four Continuing Education courses this fall including a free three-part series on “Water Issues in Oklahoma.”
Other CE courses include Country Line Dancing, Filipino Martial Culture and Prehistoric Indian Artifacts of Oklahoma.
To enroll in a course, the registration information can be found at www.swosu.edu/administration/osp/ce or visit SWOSU in the Administration Building, Room 201. Individuals can also call 580.774.7012 or email email@example.com.
Courses, along with instructors, are:
Country Line Dancing (Tina Barnes)
- August 24-Decemeber 10, Mondays and Fridays, 5:15-6:15 p.m., SWOSU Wellness Center Room 143
This course is for those interested in country line dancing or a low impact exercise class.
Filipino Martial Culture (Dr. Daniel Farris)
- August 25-December 8, Saturdays, 10-11 a.m., SWOSU Wellness Center
This course is designed for those interested in learning about Filipino martial art philosophy and history in a general sense as well as learning Arnis defense techniques.
Water Issues in Oklahoma (President Randy Beutler)
- September 6 “Water for 2060….and Beyond” J.D. Strong, Executive Director of the Oklahoma Water Resources Board
- October 2 “Property owners rights” Attorney Mart Tisdal and “Conservation and Water –Keeping it Around and Keeping Safe” Clay Pope, Executive Director of the Oklahoma Association of Conservation Districts
- October 4 “Choctaw/Chickasaw Regional Water Plan” Duane Smith, former executive director of the OWRB and consultant with the Chickasaw and Choctaw Tribes
These seminars will be from 6-8 p.m. in the SWOSU Conference Center.
Prehistoric Indian Artifacts of Oklahoma (Lee Gregory)
- October 2-November 6, Tuesdays, 7-8 p.m., Old Science Room 208
This course will be a survey of the various types of prehistoric tools and weapons found throughout the state.