SWOSU Offering Four Continuing Education Courses During Fall Semester
Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford is offering four Continuing Education courses this fall including a free three-part series on “Water Issues in Oklahoma.”
Other CE courses include Country Line Dancing, Filipino Martial Culture and Prehistoric Indian Artifacts of Oklahoma.
To enroll in a course, the registration information can be found at www.swosu.edu/administration/osp/ce or visit SWOSU in the Administration Building, Room 201. Individuals can also call 580....774.7012 or email email@example.com.
Courses, along with instructors, are:
Country Line Dancing (Tina Barnes)
- August 24-Decemeber 10, Mondays and Fridays, 5:15-6:15 p.m., SWOSU Wellness Center Room 143
This course is for those interested in country line dancing or a low impact exercise class.
Filipino Martial Culture (Dr. Daniel Farris)
- August 25-December 8, Saturdays, 10-11 a.m., SWOSU Wellness Center
This course is designed for those interested in learning about Filipino martial art philosophy and history in a general sense as well as learning Arnis defense techniques.
Water Issues in Oklahoma (President Randy Beutler)
- September 6 “Water for 2060….and Beyond” J.D. Strong, Executive Director of the Oklahoma Water Resources Board
- October 2 “Property owners rights” Attorney Mart Tisdal and “Conservation and Water –Keeping it Around and Keeping Safe” Clay Pope, Executive Director of the Oklahoma Association of Conservation Districts
- October 4 “Choctaw/Chickasaw Regional Water Plan” Duane Smith, former executive director of the OWRB and consultant with the Chickasaw and Choctaw Tribes
These seminars will be from 6-8 p.m. in the SWOSU Conference Center.
Prehistoric Indian Artifacts of Oklahoma (Lee Gregory)
- October 2-November 6, Tuesdays, 7-8 p.m., Old Science Room 208
This course will be a survey of the various types of prehistoric tools and weapons found throughout the state.