Public Relations & Marketing
News and Events
SWOSU New Student Orientation Starts IMPACT Series
August 20, 2012
Southwestern Oklahoma State University’s New Student Orientation program is implementing an IMPACT seminar series this fall on the Weatherford campus.
IMPACT is a series of events and presentations to help students succeed in all facets of life. The goal of the series is to equip students to be successful in and out of the classroom, according to NSO Assistant Director Shelby Unruh.
Sessions are open to all students and IMPACT has been designed with the student in mind.
Events scheduled are as follows:
- Faculty Student Social, Tuesday, August 28, 2:30-4 p.m., Bulldog Beanery
- SWOSU Majors Fair, Wednesday, September 19, noon-2 p.m., Memorial Student Center Ballroom
- Facebook: Fact, Fiction and Function, Monday, September 24, noon-1 p.m., Stafford Center Room 104
- Transfer Student Focus Group, Tuesday, September 25, 5-6 p.m., Stafford Center lobby
- Show Me the Money, Tuesday, October 2, 7-8 p.m., Stafford Center Room 104
- How to Deal with Difficult People, Wednesday, October 10, noon-1 p.m., Stafford Center Room 104
- Need Direction? Polish Your Study Skills to Survive the Semester, Wednesday, October 24, noon-1 p.m., Stafford Center 104
- New Student Focus Group, Monday, November 5, noon-1 p.m., Memorial Student Center 2nd Floor lobby
- Living Healthy in College and Beyond, Tuesday, November 6, noon-1 p.m., Bonny Boardroom, Memorial Student Center
- Selecting Your Future: Investigating Careers and Majors, Tuesday, November 13, noon-1 p.m., Stafford Center Room 104
- Take Control of Your Money, Wednesday, November 14, noon-1 p.m., Stafford Center Room 104
- Stress Free Study Breaks, Thursday, December 6, 8-9 p.m., Library.
For more information, please contact Unruh at 580.774.3233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.