Public Relations & Marketing
News and Events
Political Forum Giving Overview of State Questions Planned October 16 at SWOSU
October 8, 2012
A political forum featuring an overview of the six state questions that will be on the November 6 ballot is being held Tuesday, October 16, at Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford.
SWOSU President Randy Beutler will give an overview at 7 p.m. in the SWOSU Conference Center. The public is invited and encouraged to attend the free forum, which is sponsored by the American Association of University Women.
The six state questions on the Oklahoma ballot are:
- SQ 758: would limit increases on fair cash value of property taxes
- SQ 759: would ban affirmative action programs
- SQ 762: would remove the governor from the state parole process in certain circumstances
- SQ 764: would create the Water Infrastructure Credit Enhancement Reserve Fund
- SQ 765: would constitutionally abolish the Department of Human Services, its commission and its director and would allow the Legislature to re-create that agency
- SQ 766: would abolish property taxes on intangible property