Public Relations & Marketing
News and Events
Brain and Addiction Posters Scheduled for Display at SWOSU
November 29, 2012
Biology majors in the Senior Seminar course at Southwestern Oklahoma State University will present posters this Monday through Wednesday, December 3-5, on the Weatherford campus.
The presentations will be held on the second floor of the Old Science Building. The public is invited to attend.
The theme of this semester’s posters is Brain & Addiction. Posters will be available for viewing from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Student authors will be available from 4-5 p.m. on Monday.
Poster topics and presenters are:
- Mechanisms underlying Nicotine Addition by Cyril Akhigbe
- Deleterious Consequences of Marijuana Addiction by Josiah Dittrich
- Benzodiazepine effect on GABAA receptors by Sabrina Haj
- Mediators and Modulators of Stress Eating by Rachel Kauk
- Dopamine and Compulsive Gambling by Daryl Onwuchuruba