Public Relations & Marketing
News and Events
Works from SWOSU Students and Faculty Accepted for NCUR
February 4, 2013
Eleven Southwestern Oklahoma State University students and two faculty have had posters and oral presentations accepted to the 2013 National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR).
They will represent SWOSU at the 27th annual conference to be held April 11-13 at the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse in LaCrosse (WI).
SWOSU students are: Nathan Bernhardt, Thomas; Jamin Brown, Woodward; Zella Classen, Fairview; Caleb Hubbard, Foyil; Kody McKay, Rush Springs; Claudia Nkeih, Weatherford; Ashley Rodriguez, Arapaho-Butler; LaKesha Seals, Tulsa; Elizabeth St. John, Quapaw; Timothy Stein, Kremlin-Hillsdale; and Monte Stone, Oklahoma City (Putnam City). Faculty sponsors are Dr. Brian Campbell and Dr. Andrea Holgado.
The mission of the NCUR is to promote undergraduate research scholarship and creative activity done in partnership with faculty or other mentors as a vital component of higher education. SWOSU submissions are on the following subjects:
- Analyzing Modulators of Vesicle Fusion and Synaptic Signaling
- Examining the Effects of Lanthionine Ketimine (LK) in Axonal Elongation in vivo
- Paleontological Survey of Ordovician West Spring Creek Formation, Arbuckle Group, Kiowa County, OK
- Probing Molecules Involved in Calcium-regulated Membrane Fusion
- Profiling the Mechanism of Carcinine Transport in Human Corneal Epithelial Cells
- Statistical Count of Invertebrata from Ordovician West Spring Creek Formation, Arbuckle Group, Kiowa County, OK
- VSM-1's Role in Mitochondrial Localization
They were among 3,500 submissions from the around the country. Students, faculty and staff from around the world are expected to attend the national conference.