Public Relations & Marketing
News and Events
SWOSU Students Displaying Posters in Honor of Earth Day
April 18, 2013
Students in an ecology class at Southwestern Oklahoma State University will be displaying posters for an Earth Day celebration April 22-26 on the Weatherford campus.
Everyone is invited to visit the display that will be stationed in the Memorial Student Center lobby throughout the week.
According to Professor Dr. Peter Grant, the students have explored 11 environmental problems to present to students and area residents. Information about the causes of each problem is presented as well as potential solutions.
Topics and their presenters are
- Hypoxia – Maria Ortega, Guymon
- Acid rain – Amber Rymer, Clinton
- Extinction – Mandi Foutch, Seiling
- Coral reefs – Megan Willis, Spur TX
- Ozone depletion – Jasmine Lewis, Muskogee
- Desertification – Ethan Meriwether, Hinton
- Ocean acidification – Angie Hoover, Edmond (Santa Fe)
- Ground water sustainability – Nick Maddox, El Reno
- Pesticides and water pollution – Lloyd Derrick Shelton, Clarendon TX
- Endangered habitats – tallgrass prairie – Kasey McFalls, Okmulgee
- Introduced species – Africanized honey bees – Ashley Rodriguez, Arapaho-Butler
For further information about the posters, contact the authors or Grant, SWOSU Department of Biological Sciences, 580-774-3294, email@example.com.