Public Relations & Marketing
News and Events
SWOSU Sayre to Honor 94 Graduates with Sonobe as Guest Speaker
April 25, 2013
Dr. Blake Sonobe, vice chancellor for academic affairs of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, will serve as guest speaker at the 70th annual Spring Convocation for Southwestern Oklahoma State University at Sayre on Friday, May 10, at 7 p.m. in the Sayre Public Schools Auditorium.
Ninety-four students will graduate with Associate in Science or Associate in Applied Science degrees. Twenty-five of the graduates have earned honors with a grade point average of 3.50 or better.
Sonobe is former provost and senior vice president at SWOSU. He was born in Honolulu, Hawaii and grew up in California where he graduated from high school in San Diego. He obtained a B.S. in Chemistry from the United States Air Force Academy, an M.S. in Chemistry from Texas A&M University and a Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of California at Davis.
He served in the Air Force for 20 years where he was involved in explosives and munitions development at the Air Force Armament Laboratory and taught chemistry at the Air Force Academy. Upon retirement from the Air Force, he came to SWOSU where he taught in the Chemistry Department. He served as a faculty member and department chair before becoming senior vice president and provost. In January 2013, he was appointed to his current position at the OSRHE.
SWOSU-Sayre students graduating with an Associate in Science are:
- Canute—Mickey Caleb Sandusky;
- Carter—Kyrie Kay Helling; Cassie Michell Springer Mitchell; Morgan Williams;
- Cheyenne—Sam J. Maddux;
- Clinton—Taylor Marie Colvin; Josue Angel Martinez;
- Cordell—Karli Ophern Boothe;
- Elk City—KahlerLaRanda Black; LynettCherell Mitten Cram; Tom Little Eagle Davis III; Josi Rae Eeds; Mackenzie Nicole Gifford; Allison Jade Gilliland; Sally Elizabeth Jones; Amber Jade Knight; Elizabeth Mendoza; Justin Aaron Short; Bonnie Louise Smith;
- Erick—Brady Greer;
- Fay—Holly Ann Masquelier Denton;
- Hammon—Sarah Paige Elliott; Tessa Shae Cook Page;
- Hobart—Macy Lynn Morrow;
- Lawton—Briana Marie Klein;
- Leedey—Amber Jade Knight;
- Marlow—Larry Lance Cramton;
- Medford—Shelby Taylor Blubaugh;
- Piedmont—Bradley Don Gilchrist;
- Purcell—Valenda Noelle Smith Zimmer;
- Sayre—Tabetha Renée Smith Brinkley; Jennie Early; Paula H. Henley Gloria; Jacqueline Rene’e Ewer Hagerman; Cassie Ann Brown Haley; Samantha Brooke Harless; Lacey Marie Guthrie Lamm; Whitney Dawn Morris; Rachel S. Ryan; Kasandra Nikkole White;
- Sentinel—Maranda Jo Frank;
- Watonga—Shellie Nicole Miller Roberson;
- Weatherford—Kevin James Garrison; Whitney Lynn Faulk Merle; Pamela Jan Mosqueda; Malia Jade Parks; Hali Lynn Thornhill; Yen Cao Hai Tran.
- Shamrock—Kaley Dawn Riley.
- Virginia Beach—Christopher Adam Wheeler.
Students graduating with an Associate in Applied Science are:
- Anadarko—Lindsey Michelle Martin; Daing Kau;
- Amber—Amber Jean Fairbanks;
- Altus—Jillian Diane Janis Barnes;
- Burns Flat—Bryttany Lynn Harris; Rebecca Ann Klava Sander;
- Canton—Aubrey Kristine Colvard Haffner;
- Clinton—Kristen Marie Hricko Battles;
- Colony—Michaela Jae Loula; Kadree Ann Setzer;
- Cordell—Daniel Nazarath Lundy;
- Duncan—Jillian Jan Gregston; Shannon Marie Perkins;
- Edmond—Kyle Brandon Qualls;
- Elk City—David Carol Dobyns; Dian Louise Mergo Foreman; Ashley Brooke Davis Gibson; Kylee Elyse Hoffman; Nicole J’Lyn Wilson Smithey; Mindy Jo Steele; Jesi Elise Sullivan;
- Erick—Melanie Michelle Davis;
- El Reno—Stephanie Diane Royse Delk;
- Elgin—Heather Leigh Dodson;
- Gracemont—Brooke Lynn McLemore;
- Headrick—Melinda Mercer Gann;
- Hinton—Amanda Nicole Arrington;
- Hobart—Dakin Clay Harris;
- Lawton—Megan Lee Caldwell; Justin Charles Webber;
- Leedey—Tosha Marie Albright;
- Marlow—Casey J. Willard;
- Mounds—Brittany Nicole Scott;
- Oklahoma City—Vanessa Ann Jech; Joshina Philipose; Eden NegranzaWoznick;
- Sayre—Olivia Goldie Martin; Sandra A. Peña; Alizabeth Faye Terry;
- Thomas—Tara Jo Eschenbacher;
- Weatherford—Hai Tuan Kixmiller.
- Dallas—Ransford Odoom-Fynn;
- Electra—Johnna Walser Anzaldua;
- Harrold—Callie Lynn Freeling;
- Wichita Falls—Abbie Allane Flinn.