SWOSU Starting New Undergraduate Research Journal
The inaugural volume of the SWOSU Journal of Undergraduate Research (SWOSU JUR) is now underway by the Research Excellence Club on the Weatherford campus.
The SWOSU JUR is a collaborative project between SWOSU students and faculty with a mission to showcase the diverse research activities happening at SWOSU, according to Dr. Stephen Burgess.
Submissions from all academic disciplines are welcome. Submissions must account for research conducted while the author was either an undergraduate or graduate student at SWOSU. Articles should describe novel research discoveries and follow an organizational structure that maximizes clarity and follows professional standards. For more information about the JUR, please check out the website (http://www.swosu.edu/academics/jur/index.aspx) or email email@example.com.
Burgess said the club is also looking for students and faculty who are interested in reviewing JUR article submissions. If interested in becoming a submission reviewer, email Dr. Muatasem Ubeidat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in submitting to, reviewing for, or helping with the JUR? Several upcoming workshops and important dates on the following Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. in Old Science Building Room 212 as part of Research Excellence Club meetings:
- Oct. 9, 2013: Finding the Time to Write in a Busy Schedule (Dr. Stephen Burgess) and call for SWOSU JUR editor staff
- Oct. 23, 2013: How to Write a Research Paper (Panel moderator: Dr. Denise Landrum-Geyer)
- Nov. 1, 2013: JUR Submission window for first issue opens (see website for more submission guidelines)
- Dec. 11, 2013: How to Review a Research Paper (Panel moderator: Dr. MuatasemUbeidat)
- Jan. 21, 2014: JUR submission window for first issue closes