SWOSU Family Recognized as Top Blood Donor
Southwestern Oklahoma State University students, faculty and friends in the Weatherford area can pat themselves on the back.
During the year of 2013, SWOSU was recognized as the fourth largest blood donor group in the Oklahoma City Territory by the Oklahoma Blood Institute. The territory is comprised of 896 donor groups and the territory contributes approximately 50,000 units of blood annually.
“SWOSU has a significant role in assuring your friends and neighbors that there will be sufficient and safe blood in their hospitals ever time it is needed,” said OBI Consultant Richard Story. “We thank you for your support.”
The top 10 donor groups from the Oklahoma City Territory are:
1) University of Oklahoma-Bedlam Blood Battle 2220
2) Chesapeake Energy Corporation 1251
3) Integris Baptist Medical Center 1212
4) Southwestern Oklahoma State University 1099
5) AFSC-Air Force Sustainment Center 909
6) OKC Thunder 726
7) Bob Moore One day One Car Event 966
8) University of Central Oklahoma 654
9) Federal Aviation Administration 650
10) Francis Tuttle Technology Center 578
The Oklahoma City Territory is located from Potawatomie County on the east side to the Texas state line in the west and the northern edge runs just north of I-40 to the southern border along Highway 152.