SWOSU Cook-Off Challenge this Saturday Features Chili
The final SWOSU home football game is this Saturday and, with it, the last Cook-Off challenge of the season.
The weather is supposed to cooperate with the theme—chili.
Entries will be competing for $900 in cash prizes. The cook-off is set to begin at 10 a.m. with the Milam Stadium west-side parking lot opening at 9. First place is $500, second place $200 and third place $100. An additional $100 will be given to the public’s favorite. Everyone is invited to enter the competition as well as taste all of the chili.
The rules of the competition are as follows:
- Teams will feed the selected three judges as well as the general public.
- Teams will draw a random number at the 11 a.m. cooks’ meeting and will have that number displayed at their cooking area during judging.
- A minimum of on gallon of chili will be needed for judging and public sampling.
- Public judging will take place between 12-2 PM. Please stay until the end to gather as many votes as possible.
- Teams will also enter their chili main dish and a side dish to the three judges at 1 p.m.
- Public will be sampling chili only, no sides.
- For more information, contact SWOSU Residence Life & Housing at 580.774.3024.
The football game featuring SWOSU and Northwestern will start at 2 p.m.