Spanish Program Info and Study Abroad Sessions Planned at SWOSU
The Southwestern Oklahoma State University Spanish program is organizing two informational meetings for Spanish majors and minors and for all students interested in learning about the Spanish program.
The informational meetings are Tuesday and Thursday, November 3 and 5, from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in Room 210 of the Campbell Building.
Any SWOSU student is cordially invited to attend, according to Dr. Cynthia Pena. Students are expected to attend only one of the two sessions, and attending at least one of the sessions is mandatory for Spanish majors. Information about the CLEP examination will also be provided. Students with previous experience with Spanish can take the test to clep-out of up to 14 credit hours of Spanish. Refreshments will be served.
Information about the Study Abroad Program in Spain (Madrid-Cuenca-Valencia) will also be provided during these meetings. The 2016 Study Abroad Program will take place May 11-25. Students can receive up to four credits of Spanish from SWOSU and will be awarded a certificate from Trivium Language Institute upon successful completion of the program.
About the SWOSU Spanish program:
- The Spanish program offers a variety of courses designed to improve the four communicative skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Students are exposed to communicative exercises and practices in the recently updated, state of the art Language Laboratory.
- Students have the unique opportunity to study in a Spanish speaking country when participating in faculty led study abroad programs.
- Learning experience is enriched by active participation in community service projects and through the Spanish Club and the Spanish Honor Society.
- Career opportunities go from translation and interpretation to teaching and editing or combining Spanish with other disciplines (i.e. Business, Nursing, Computer Science, Law Enforcement, etc.)
For more information, contact: Dr. Cynthia Peña at firstname.lastname@example.org or 580.774.7052;
Dr. Héctor Garza at email@example.com or 580.774.3093; or
Dr. Tugba Sevin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 580.774.7164.