SWOSU Foundation Awards Grants
The Southwestern Oklahoma State University Foundation, Inc., in Weatherford has announced its 2016 grant awards.
The Foundation’s Scholarships and Grants Committee received a wide variety of grant proposals from a diverse array of SWOSU campus units and offices. Projects receiving funding thus far include:
• Support for a collaborative effort between students in the SWOSU Art Department and U.S. National Parks Service personnel at development of educational communications tools for the disabled;
• Scholarships support for the Department of Biological Sciences;
• Professional development support for the faculty in the Department of Chemistry & Physics;
• Programming support for the SWOSU Jazz Festival, the SWOSU Biological Seminar Series, and the SWOSU Interdisciplinary Music Honors event;
• Transitional engagement tools support for enrollment management programs and SWOSU New Student Orientation;
• Support to the SWOSU Alumni Association for donor and prospect engagement programming;
• Support for the re-launch of the SWOSU Foundation & Alumni magazine, Echoes From The Hill.
“The Foundation grants are one more way in which the SWOSU Foundation is working to achieve its mission of helping SWOSU reach ever-higher levels of excellence, and we congratulate this year’s awardees,” said SWOSU Foundation Executive Director Garrett King. “We greatly appreciate the many fine applicants who sought funding this year and strongly encourage the SWOSU campus communities at Weatherford and Sayre to begin preparing now for grant request submissions in 2017.”
The 2016 Foundation Grant application and review process began in January 2016.
The Foundation Scholarships and Grants Committee is comprised of volunteers who serve on the Foundation’s Board of Trustees. They include:
- Nelson Sims of Edwards, CO and Key Largo, FL (SWOSU Class of 1971), Chair;
- Lynda Lucas of Cheyenne (SWOSU Class of 1981);
- Brice Harris of Fair Oaks, CA (SWOSU Class of 1970); and,
- James Males of Oklahoma City (SWOSU Class of 1962).
The SWOSU Foundation, Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization established in 1977 to promote philanthropy and distribute funds to support the activities and programs of SWOSU. Located on the Weatherford campus in the historic Burton House, the Foundation currently stewards over $20 million in assets for the benefit of SWOSU. For more information please visit www.SWOSUFoundation.com or call 580-774-3267.