SWOSU Announces 2017 Distinguished Alumni
Five individuals are being inducted into Southwestern Oklahoma State University’s Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame during 2017 graduation ceremonies on the Weatherford campus. They include:
- Jack Bonny, Class of 1962 and 1966. Rep. Bonny is a retired public school teacher who served 12 years in the Oklahoma House of Representatives.
- Lori (Baker) Boyd, Class of 1997. Boyd serves as chief operating officer of the Children’s Center Rehabilitation Hospital in Bethany.
- Patrick Riley Griffin, Class of 1962 and 1968. The late Griffin was a public school teacher, counselor and administrator in Clinton, Altus and Oklahoma City. He was the first African American to play on the SWOSU football team and run for the SWOSU track & field team.
- Lori (Wallace) Harper, Class of 1993. Harper serves as vice president, Supply Chain Management, at Ingalls Shipbuilding in Pascagoula, Mississippi.
- Joey Martin, Class of 1988 and 1991. Dr. Martin serves as associate dean for the College of Fine Arts & Communication, director of choral activities and professor of music at Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas.
The 2017 inductees will be honored by SWOSU President Dr. Randy L. Beutler at the May 6 SWOSU Convocation that will begin at 10 a.m. on ASAP Energy Field at Milam Stadium on the Weatherford campus.
“SWOSU has produced many individuals of distinction and accomplishment,” Beutler said. “We are delighted and so proud to be honoring five of SWOSU’s finest graduates and representatives of the values for which our institution has come to stand. This year’s inductees have made great strides in their respective vocations and are contributing positively to their communities. We heartily congratulate them and their families on this much-deserved recognition.”
For more information please contact SWOSU’s Office of Institutional Advancement at 580-774-3267 or visit www.swosu.edu.