Five New Scholarships Established with SWOSU College of Pharmacy
Several new pharmacy scholarships will be awarded to Southwestern Oklahoma State University students in 2017 because of generous gifts made by SWOSU alumni and friends.
The SWOSU College of Pharmacy Awards & Honors Ceremony is planned April 14 on the Weatherford campus and among the new scholarships, ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 per award, that will be awarded are made possible by friends and family of Scott Holder, Mike Kidd, Nathaniel P. Monaghan, Warden family and Key family.
The new scholarships are:
- The Scott Holder Memorial Scholarship was established by friends and family of Scott, a 2008 graduate of the College of Pharmacy. Scott, originally from Buffalo, was the pharmacist at the Fairview Pharmacy in Fairview.
- The Mike Kidd Memorial Scholarship was established by friends and family of Mike, a 1978 graduate of the College of Pharmacy. Mike was the pharmacist at the Kidd Drug & Gift in Fairview.
- The Nathaniel P. Monaghan Memorial Scholarship was established by his parents, Sean and Christina (2006 pharmacy grad) and sister, Cecilia, of Wichita (KS). They created the scholarship in memory of their son, Nathaniel, to help make other lives a little easier as they pursue their pharmacy education.
- The Warden Family Scholarship was established by David Warden (1979 graduate) of Norman, a Southwestern Pharmacy Alumni Foundation Board member as well as Pharmacy Alumni Association Council member; his son David Warden, Jr. (2009 pharmacy graduate) of Norman; and niece, Jeanna Warden Smith (2013 pharmacy graduate) of Weatherford.
- The Key Family Scholarship was established by SWOSU College of Pharmacy graduates, Zak (2014) and Amanda (2014) Key of Enid. Zak is clinical pharmacist as well as the new oncology pharmacist at Integris Bass Baptist Health Center in Enid and Amanda is staff pharmacist at Walgreens in Enid. They have one son, Parker, who is 1 ½ years old. Both Zak and Amanda were involved in numerous pharmacy student organizations and were also scholarship recipients as pharmacy students at SWOSU. They indicated paying it forward to more students was their reason in establishing the scholarship.
COP Development Director Patti Harper said the need for scholarships continues and the COP is grateful for these new scholarships.
In 1974, the Southwestern Pharmacy Alumni Foundation was incorporated for the purpose of financially supported the educational endeavors of the SWOSU College of Pharmacy. For more information or to give to the pharmacy foundation, contact Harper at 580-774-3190 or firstname.lastname@example.org.