STAMPEDE 2017 - Ag in the Classroom Comes to SWOSU
Southwestern Oklahoma State University’s Department of Education and Ag in the Classroom have saddled up to provide a STAMPEDE of experiential learning planned Tuesday, April 25, on the Weatherford campus.
According to Bruce Belanger, 187 Weatherford West Elementary fourth graders, eight fourth grade teachers and 50 other area PK-6 grade teachers and SWOSU teacher candidates will be in attendance at the Pioneer Cellular Event Center and Hibler Education Center from 8:45 a.m. until 12 noon.
The professional development sessions for teachers and teacher candidates will run until 10:45 a.m. in the Hibler Education Center Basement. Then, until 12 noon, participants and the area youngsters will be able to observe STAMPEDE '17 at the Pioneer Cellular Event Center, including the Southwest Dairy Farmers Mobile Dairy Classroom.
Belanger said teachers will observe:
- Oklahoma Academic Standards Cross-curricular lessons and resources
- Comprehensive website reviewed
- Technology-based, SMART board lessons and power point activities
- Connections to ag commodity groups
- Multiple grant opportunities
- Summer & other professional development opportunities
For additional questions about the event, contact Belanger in the SWOSU Department of Education, Field Experiences & Certification, at (580) 774-3146, email@example.com.