Department of Psychology
The mission of the Department of Psychology is:
- To provide students with educational experiences that facilitates their knowledge of the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, and empirical findings in psychology as well as encourage lifelong learning.
- To equip students with research methodology and critical thinking skills.
- To prepare students for employment or further study in a variety of fields or disciplines.
- To create an environment in the department that reflects concern for students and promotes tolerance and diversity.
- To provide professional development opportunities and outreach programs for our faculty, students and individuals in our service area.
- To ensure that our graduate students have the advanced knowledge and skills to succeed in their chosen profession.