Parking Permits and Tickets
Do I need a permit to park on campus?
No, however, parking tickets will be issued for illegally parked vehicles.
Fines will be assessed as follows:
- Illegal Parking - $25.00
- Moving Violations - $25.00
- Handicapped Parking - $50.00
Fines are payable at the Business Office, Room 110, Alexander Bldg., 409 E. Mississippi, Sayre, OK 73662.
Can I appeal a fine?
Upon being issued a parking or other violation ticket under these regulations, the violator may appeal the fine imposed. To appeal, the violator must pay the ticket AND the appeal fee before filing the appeal. Appeal forms may be obtained at the Business Office in the Alexander Building OR following page. No appeal will be considered after 10 days from the date the ticket was issued. There is a $5.00 charge to make an appeal.
What if my car breaks down?
Call the SWOSU Campus Security, ext. 172 or 580.928.5527, with the following information:
- Location of your vehicle.
- Vehicle description and tag number.
- The date and time you expect to move the vehicle (normally within 24 hrs., please.)
- Where we can contact you, if necessary.
- Vehicles of students and non-students remaining parked on campus in the same location after a reasonable length of time will be removed by a commercial company and placed in storage at the owner’s expense.
- All instructions of the campus patrolmen are to be strictly obeyed.
How do I avoid parking tickets?
Read and abide by parking regulations which include:
- Read and follow instructions on posted signs.
- Do not park on the grass.
- Park ONLY in parking spaces.
- Do not back vehicle into parking space.
- DO NOT park where the curb is painted yellow.
- Speed limit is not to exceed 15 miles per hour.
- “U” turns are NOT permitted (including U-turns to park).
- Care should be taken to park between the white lines. Fines will be enforced for this violation.
- Accidents should be reported to the Sayre POLICE Department before moving your vehicle. Vehicles may be moved if leaving vehicle causes possibility of other accidents.
- Do not park over yellow lines or paint.
- Do not cross center of roadway to park.
- State Disabled Decal MUST be displayed at all times while parked on campus.