SWOSU Campus Security
Bomb - Bomb Threat - Explosive
Bomb Threat Procedures:
- Write down the exact time the call was received and the time you hang the phone up.
- ay particular attention to the voice qualities of the caller; any notable background noises, or possible clues to the caller’s location; and, finally, get as much information from the caller as possible concerning details of the bomb threat, i.e., THE BUILDING AFFECTED, TIME SET TO GO OFF, ETC...
- Call Sayre Police Department (580) 928-2122 then call Campus Police immediately, (580) 774-3111, and give bomb threat information to the dispatcher.
- If possible, try to remember whom the party was that you spoke to on the telephone just prior to receiving the threatening call. Write this person’s name down and the place called from if that information is known.
- Be sure to secure information about the First IN-COMING CALLER AFTER the bomb threat call. Record the time of the call; ask the person his/her name and the place and telephone number they are calling from.
- If the threat is by written note, handle the note as little as possible and keep it secure for subsequent police use.
- Gather information from staff on anything suspicious.
- Assess injuries.
- Assign auxiliary persons to first aid assistance at evacuation site.
- Secure the scene.
- Call SWOSU Campus Police (580) 774-3111
- Notify other buildings on campus.
- Take emergency student list with home phone numbers to command post
- Evacuate and remain with students. Take roll.
- Assist with evacuation. Report to the Department Chairperson at central command post.
- Check bathrooms and other spaces for other people.
REPORT THREAT TO SWOSU CAMPUS POLICE IMMEDIATELY!
CALL (580) 774-3111 and “9-911”