SWOSU Campus Security
Fire - Evacuation
Continuous ringing of fire alarm
In case of a loss of electrical power, the signal will be voice directions of a staff member.
Steps of Action:
- Report fire by calling 9-911 if fire or smoke is visible - pull alarm for visible fire or smoke ONLY.
- Take class list of students.
- Close all windows and doors to confine fire.
- Evacuate to at least 500 feet from the building.
- In case of blocked exit, find closest unlocked exit.
- Faculty/Staff or fire department will double-check room or office to ensure total evacuation.
- Restrooms, hallways and unoccupied rooms will be checked by Custodian or Safety Officer.
- Pre-plan for evacuation of persons in wheelchairs or on crutches.
Personnel Roles of Staff & Faculty:
Supervise evacuation and check for injuries. Assign roles to auxiliary persons as needed. Check restrooms and labs. (Call 9-911) for visible fire or smoke.