“WATCH” Conditions are favorable for tornado or severe weather. Monitor.
“WARNING” Tornado may be imminent. Take shelter.
- Tornado watch and warnings will be monitored by a radio at the SWOSU-Sayre Dean’s Office by a Campus Officer.
- Under a “watch” all buildings on the Sayre campus are notified that the area is under a watch. All shelters are opened by the assigned persons.
Steps of Action:
In the event the sirens sound you should:
- Go to the lowest level inside wall and assume a kneeling position, head down, with hands covering heads.
- Students in unsafe locations at the time will go to designated storm shelters at the direction of the faculty.
- Faculty needs to close classroom doors.
- Faculty should keep their class rosters with them and remain with their classes to be sure students are following the Tornado Evacuation procedure and to verify student count.
- Wait for all clear signals before returning to classroom.
- Avoid all large clear-span buildings (gym, cafeteria, etc.) during a tornado.
- In an outside office, blinds are to be closed on windows and office personnel are to use telephones in an inner office.
- The radio should be located within hearing distance of office personnel if at all possible.
MAPS PROVIDED FOR TORNADO SHELTERS FOR EACH BUILDING.