Concurrent Enrollment of High School Students
Files listed may require external applications or readers. Download software if needed.
SWOSU at Sayre invites high school students to step ahead by earning college credit prior to graduation. The Concurrent Enrollment packet for high school students wishing to enroll in college courses at SWOSU is available online or by contacting the Admissions office at (580) 928-5533. Requirements and restrictions for high school students wishing to enroll in college courses at SWOSU at Sayre are as follows:
- Student must provide recommendation and verification from high school principal. Contact Admissions at (580) 928-5533 to receive your application forms.
- Student must have completed the ACT (results to be on file in Registrar's Office before enrollment).
- Student must have on file before enrollment the university's Application for Admission and a high school transcript to date. (A final transcript showing high school graduation must be provided before a university transcript indicating credits earned will be released).
- Student must be eligible to complete high school graduation requirements (by date principal indicates on reverse side), including academic performance requirements and curricular requirements for admission to SWOSU at Sayre. High school seniors must have achieved a composite ACT score using Oklahoma norms of 42% (19 ACT) for enrollment on the Sayre campus.
- Student's eligibility and college load is limited by his/her high school load.
- Under no circumstances can a student enroll for a college course in the academic areas of English, math, science, and/or history unless the high school transcript to date shows the curricular requirement in that area has been fully met.
- The earliest term during which a high school (or younger) student can be eligible to enroll in college classes is the summer previous to his/her senior year, with the following exceptions:
- A student whose composite ACT score places him/her at or above the 90th percentile (Oklahoma norms) can be eligible during the summer preceding his/her junior year.
- A student whose composite ACT score places him/her at or above the 99th percentile (Oklahoma norms) can be eligible at any time the requirements specified in items one through six above are met.
For applications or additional information please contact Admissions at (580) 928-5533.