College and Career Resources
Paying for college with grants, scholarships, and federal loans.
OKcollegestart.org is the state's official website that provides information about higher education in Oklahoma for students, counselors, and parents. It is designed to be the most comprehensive and current source for college planning for Oklahoma students, beginning as early as middle school.
OKcollegestart.org includes the following features:
Explore Colleges and Careers
- Discover the colleges and universities in the state.
- Determine the careers that best match your skills and interests.
- Match schools with your career interests.
Plan and Pay for College
- See which high school classes are needed to meet admission requirements.
- Learn about ways to pay for college.
- Apply online for Oklahoma's Promise — OHLAP.
- Create a personal portfolio to track your college planning.
Apply to College
- Gather information about the admission requirements at all Oklahoma colleges and universities.
- Apply online to most of the colleges and universities in Oklahoma.
The information throughout this site can help you and your parents prepare, plan and pay for education after high school. No matter where you want to go or what you want to do, one thing is true. Getting some type of education after high school (whether going to college, trade school or technical school) will help you along the way.
Oklahoma Money Matters (OKMM) is a personal finance education program that helps K-12 schools, higher education campuses, businesses and community partners develop or expand educational services that empower Oklahomans to make positive financial choices
Financial Aid for College
- FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Student Aid - Financial aid resource publications for the US Department of Education.
- NASFAA - The National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators.
Searching for Scholarships
- OHLAP - Oklahoma's Promise Scholarship that pays for tuition in Oklahoma.
- FastWeb! - Over 1.3 Million Scholarships worth over $3 billion.
- Peterson's Scholarship Central - More than 1.7 million awards totaling nearly $8 billion.
Choosing the Right College
- Peterson's College Search - Discover your perfect college fit.
- College View - Search for colleges based on state and an area study.
- U.S. Universities - Links to universities by state.
Choosing the Right Career
- O*Net - Source of occupational information, providing comprehensive information on key attributes and characteristics of workers and occupations.
- America's Career InfoNet - A resource for making informed career decisions to support a demand-driven workforce investment system.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Gives accurate, up-to-date, and comprehensive information on occupations.