Graduate Preparation Component
- August-September: Begin search for sources of financial aid for graduate school.
- September-June: Create and maintain contacts with potential reference writers through coursework, mentored research, internships, etc.
- January-February: Scholars will begin their research on potential graduate schools and request information and application.
- February-May: Develop Graduate School Portfolio.
- January – March: Scholars will begin Online GRE Preparation Classes.
- Schedule summer GRE Test.
- August-September: Request financial information from programs and other sources
- September-December: Commit to top 3 choices of graduate school and complete application process
- September-December: Complete all financial aid applications
- September-December: Prepare writers for letters of recommendation. Provide them with necessary forms, sample letter, and a brief resume
- September-December: Last chance for GRE Test. Take subject tests if required
- January-March: Meet all deadlines
- January-March: Confirm that letters have been received by deadline
- April-May: Inform OKAMP and letter writers of outcomes of applications
The following documents should be of help in providing guidance in your consideration and preparation for graduate school. Just click the title to view each document.
|Graduate School Overview (PPT)||Graduate School Overview (PDF)|
|Basic Considerations||Preparation Timeline|
|Exam preparation sites||Online prep course|
|Tips for writing a graduate school admission essay|