This is an online BSN completion program designed for those who
already hold an associate degree in Nursing or those enrolled
in their last semester of an associate degree program.
- Courses with quizzes require the use of Lockdown Browser, which operates with Internet Explorer. Students should have access to this web browser when taking courses that require quizzes.
- SWOSU strongly suggests the use of a desktop pc vs a tablet for our courses; tablets do not allow for an optimized learning experience for online courses.
- Internet access required (Broadband, Cable, DSL is recommended as students with dial-up may experience degraded performance)
- Windows Vista/7 or later or Mac OS X or later
- 2GB of RAM minimum
- 2 GHz or faster processor
- 60GB hard drive or larger
- Sound card
- Speakers and headphone connected to the computer
- Microphone (can be built in)
- Inkjet or laser printer
- Web browser (Internet Explorer ver. 8.0 or higher, Firefox ver. 3.5 or higher, Chrome 7.0 or later, Safari 5.0 or later)
- Microsoft Office 2007 or later for PC (Mac 2011 or later)
- Adobe Reader ver. 9 or higher
- Adobe Flash Player ver. 10 or higher
- Apple QuickTime ver. 7 or higher
- Windows Media Player ver. 11 or higher
- Antivirus software (e.g., McAfee or Norton) installed, running, and kept current by promptly installing the upgrades and patches made available by the software manufacturer
- Webcam (minimum resolution at 640x480 standard definition)
- Monitoring software is required for online exams in two courses (statistics and evidence-based practice), and is an additional cost
Note: students should have personal internet connections as some workplaces block all or part of the learning management material.