The Focus Is You

Veterans Affairs

G.I. Bill | Forms | FAQs | Staff

The Veterans Affairs Office is here to assist you if you are eligible to receive education benefits through the Veterans Administration. We must first submit an application for these benefits to the VA Office in Muskogee, Oklahoma. If you have already received benefits through another university, there is a transfer form which we must complete to expedite this transition. When you have been approved for the benefits, we must submit paperwork each semester so that your checks will keep coming.

Our office must verify each class that you are taking, making sure that it fits with the degree plan that you are pursuing. The VA will not pay for classes that do not fit into that category. When you drop classes and your status falls below full-time, we must report this information to the VA in a timely manner. We are here to help you with all this paperwork, as well as answer questions and help you work through problems related to the VA.

© Copyright 2019 SWOSU, All Rights Reserved.
The Focus Is You