SWOSU Faculty Selected for Instructional Excellence Academy
Southwestern Oklahoma State University faculty have been selected to participate in Class 2 of the SWOSU Instructional Excellence Academy on the Weatherford campus.
The academy is SWOSU‘s initiative to provide resources to university instructors who wish to improve teaching and learning in their classrooms.
Marci Grant, director of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, said many excellent applications were received and reviewed by a panel of SWOSU staff and faculty. The Class 2 of the SWOSU Instructional Excellence Academy runs Fall 2019 through Spring 2020. Class members are:
- Angela Gore, Department of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences
- Christi Cook, Department of Language and Literature
- Cindi Albrightson, Department of Computer Science and Engineering Technology
- David Kavish, Department of Social Sciences
- David Lawrence, Department of Computer Science and Engineering Technology
- Elaine Davies, Department of Art, Communication, and Theatre
- Geo Kelly, Department of Business
- Keturah Adams, Department of Chemistry and Physics
- Paul Hummel, Department of Parks, Recreation, and Management
- Sylvia Esjornson, Department of Chemistry and Physics
- Tammy Blatnick, Department of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences
The application review process is strictly anonymous using the answers to three questions on the application. Grant said even though some applicants were not selected, she highly encourages them to reapply in the future. The application due date for the next class is November 18.