SWOSU Students Win Awards at PBL State Conference
Southwestern Oklahoma State University students in Weatherford recently represented the Everett Dobson School of Business & Technology and won awards in the Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) Oklahoma State Leadership Conference competition.
The competition was a virtual experience that ended May 11. SWOSU crowned nine state champions, one runner-up, and over a dozen top-ten finishes.
Students from 10 regional universities competed in business related testing and performance events with the top two placers in each division advancing to the PBL National Leadership Conference to be held virtually June 25-27.
“SWOSU students exemplify the intelligence and determination to continuously perform at the highest levels, not only in the School of Business, but across all of our disciplines,” said SWOSU PBL Sponsor Nate Hicks. “I am extremely proud of our students.”
SWOSU students who placed at state were:
- Ashtin Baird, Mustang – 3rdComputer Applications; 8th Marketing Concepts
- Brock Smith, Cordell– 1stFinancial Services; 1st Project Management; 1st Retail Management; 6thPersonal Finance
- Carlie McKinney, Minco– 3rdSports Management & Marketing; 4th Contemporary Sports Issues
- Claire Kerr, Cheyenne– 5thOrganizational Behavior & Leadership; 8th Retail Management
- Grace Seelke, Okeene– 1stMicroeconomics; 1st Accounting for Professionals; 3rd Financial Concepts; 3rd Cost Accounting
- Haley Mandakunis, Elgin – 1stEntrepreneurship Concepts; 1st Financial Concepts; 1stManagement Concepts; 2nd Personal Finance
- Jace Zacharias, Altus – 1stImpromptu Speaking
- Joshelene Salais, Weatherford5thCost Accounting; 8th Personal Finance
- Rylie Fischer, Mustang – 2ndMicroeconomics; 6th Marketing Concepts
PBL is the largest national student business organization dedicated to inspiring and developing the next generation of leaders by preparing members for careers in business and business-related fields.