SWOSU Zoom Session Planned Monday for Students New to Online Learning
Seven Southwestern Oklahoma State University employees are hosting a forum on Monday, June 1, to support SWOSU summer semester students who are new to online learning.
The zoom session will be held at 7 p.m., and meeting details will be emailed to students who are taking classes this summer at the university.
SWOSU’s summer semester classes begin June 1, and summer classes will have fully virtual course delivery. SWOSU classes in the fall will return to in-person classes.
The “meet and greet” format on the zoom meeting will cover the following topics:
- What do I do if I have problems with Canvas and/or Zoom?
- Communicating with instructors: how to join groups when school is only available online.
- Accessing library resources.
- Access to counseling services and handling stress with online learning.
- How to submit papers to the SWOSU Writing Center?
- Accessing academic coaches, loaner laptops and other Student Success Center resources.
- What if I am having a problem registering?
- Questions from students.
SWOSU employees participating in the zoom meeting include: Susan Ellis (Counseling Services), Jason Dupree (Library), Oliver Willis (Dean of Students office), Denise Landrum-Geyer (Writing Center), Kasey Delk (Academic Records’s office), Lisa Friesen (Director of CETL and Canvas Administrator) and Veronica McGowan (Student Success Center).
For additional information, please email Success@SWOSU.edu or call 580-774-3721.