Crowder Lake University Park Now Open
Crowder Lake University Park is now open for recreational opportunities.
Paul Hummel, director of the Southwestern Oklahoma State University-owned park, said the public is invited to the facility, which is located seven miles south of Weatherford in Washita County.
Some helpful information includes:
- Time of kayak rentals are from 1-7 p.m.; last rental goes out at 6 p.m.
- 2-hour maximum time for rentals
- Rentals are free for valid SWOSU ID holders- one free rental per ID
- $10 per watercraft per hour for non-ID holders
- Rental equipment is sanitized between uses
- Guests should come to the window at the park office to sign waivers and be assigned a kayak
- Stand up paddle boards are not available at this time
- Equipment is not rented if the wind is above 20 mph