SWOSU Announces Long List of Hosts & Co-Hosts for Charitable Hunt
The Southwestern Oklahoma State University (SWOSU) Foundation, Inc., is hosting its first-ever charitable hunt this weekend (September 18-19) in Devol (OK), and the Foundation has announced the SWOSU alumni and friends who have graciously agreed to serve as the event’s hosts and co-hosts.
- Bill & Suzie Brewster (SWOSU Class of 1965, and 1990 and 2009 SWOSU Distinguished Alumni, respectively)
- Everett & Jeanetta Dobson (SWOSU Class of 1981 and 1999 SWOSU Distinguished Alumnus)
- Carl & Sandra Hook (SWOSU Class of 1967 and 2019 SWOSU Distinguished Alumnus)
- Jerry & Margaret Hodge (SWOSU Class of 1965 and 1979 SWOSU Distinguished Alumnus)
- Homer & Kim Ryan (SWOSU Class of 1967)
- Gary Armbruster, Heath Tate, and MA+ Architects
- Michael & Morgan Hart (SWOSU Class of 2006)
- Thomas & Trisch Mapel (SWOSU Class of 2002) and Mark & Valarie Mapel (SWOSU Classes of 2007 & 2010, respectively)
- Jordan & Rachel Frosch (SWOSU Class of 2009)
- Corky & Missy Heard (SWOSU Classes of 1987 and 1987 & 1992, respectively)
- Rouben Tourian (SWOSU Class of 1996)
- Wes Magill & Karen Magill (SWOSU Class of 2001) and Magill Insurance & Real Estate
- Heston Wright & Claudia Wright (SWOSU Class of 1998) and Wright Wradio Network
“We are deeply grateful to the many generous SWOSU alumni and friends who are hosting and co-hosting our first-ever charitable hunt,” said SWOSU President Dr. Randy L. Beutler. “The philanthropic investment of our hosts and co-hosts in our Parks & Recreation Management program enables us to meaningfully leverage SWOSU’s endowment to enhance student learning and faculty development.”
Longtime SWOSU benefactors Kandi and Rick Nagel of Norman are serving as the hunt’s presenting sponsor and major underwriters. Kandi is a 1998 SWOSU alumnae and past president of the SWOSU Alumni Association.
The hunt proceeds will provide philanthropic support to SWOSU’s Department of Parks & Recreation Management (PRM), which seeks to facilitate the development of professionals in the fields of conservation management, parks and recreation management, sport management, parks law enforcement and wildland fire management.
This unique fundraising activity will be facilitated by BlackOak Farms, a full-service bird hunting operation that is integrated with traditional agriculture practices of farming and ranching.
The event will involve a late afternoon/early evening dove hunt on September 18 followed by a cocktail hour, dinner, and auction with an early morning dove hunt to follow on September 19.
Only a few individual hunter slots remain. Cocktail hour and dinner-only registration is also available for non-hunters who want to fellowship with SWOSU alumni and friends. To access online hunt registration and to see the entire event schedule please visit www.HuntWithSWOSU.com.
For more information, contact SWOSU Associate Director for Institutional Advancement Clarke Hale at Clarke.email@example.com or 817-707-6795.
The SWOSU Charitable Hunt is being organized by the SWOSU Foundation, Inc., which was established in 1977 to promote philanthropy and distribute funds to support the activities and programs of SWOSU. Located on the Weatherford campus in the historic Burton House, the Foundation currently stewards over $26 million in assets for the benefit of SWOSU. For more information on the Foundation, please call 580-774-3267 or visit www.SWOSUFoundation.com.