SWOSU Presidential Search Screening Committee Holds Initial Meeting
All 22 members of the screening committee that is assisting in the search for a new president of Southwestern Oklahoma State University attended the group’s first meeting held November 19 on the Weatherford campus.
The Regional University System of Oklahoma (RUSO) Regents are leading the effort. Regent Jane McDermott and RUSO Executive Director Sheridan McCaffree directed the first meeting.
Higher Education Leadership Search Consultants (HELS) is assisting in the search for SWOSU’s next president, who will replace current President Randy Beutler, who announced his retirement effective June 30, 2021.
Applications are being accepted through December 6. Dr. Alan Medders of HELS said the company is receiving numerous inquiries about the position from around the United States.
The position profile is located at: https://www.highereducationleadershipsearch.com/searches
The next screening committee meeting is scheduled for December 10 to review resumes and make candidate recommendations to the RUSO board.
Members of the SWOSU Presidential Search Screening Committee as appointed by the RUSO Regents are:
- Jane McDermott
- Connie Reilly
- Lake Carpenter
- Amy Anne Ford
Other Committee Members
- Greg Adams, Owner of Salisbury Pharmacy in Clinton & Alumnus
- Brian Adler, SWOSU Vice President of Public Relations & Marketing
- Cophie Anderson, SWOSU Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
- Dr. Lisa Appeddu, SWOSU Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Brad Berrong, Berrong Insurance and Alumnus
- Jaycie Brown, SWOSU Student & Former Student Government Association President
- Mike Brown, Mayor of Weatherford and Alumnus
- Dr. Jerry Dunn, SWOSU Associate Professor of Economics
- Bryan Evans, Evans & Davis Attorneys in Edmond and Alumnus
- Diane Fitzsimmons, SWOSU Staff Council President
- Kim Ingram, Kelley Jewelers and Weatherford Public School Board Member
- Dr. Henrietta Mann, Former President of the Cheyenne & Arapaho Tribal College and Alumnus
- Brent Meador, Vice President of 1st National Bank of Elk City and Alumnus
- Debbie Shepherd, State Farm Insurance and Alumnus
- Dr. Jason Simeroth, Superintendent of Yukon Public Schools
- Bill Swartwood, Dean of the SWOSU-Sayre Remote Location
- Dr. Karen Sweeney, SWOSU Assistant Professor in the Department of Business & Computer Science and Faculty Senate President
- Harold Wright, Owner of Wright Radio