SWOSU Alumni Association Elects New Officers
The Board of Directors of the Southwestern Oklahoma State University (SWOSU) Alumni Association recently held its Fall 2020 meeting virtually.
The board finalized and approved its Fiscal Year 2021 budget and named officers for the Fall 2020 – Fall 2022 leadership term. The officer team includes:
- President: Stephen Nelson, Yukon, SWOSU Class of 2000
- Vice President: Rouben Tourian, Weatherford, SWOSU Class of 1996
- Secretary: Nick Thurman, Ada, SWOSU Class of 2012
- Treasurer: Cody Bell, Weatherford, SWOSU Class of 2002
- President-Elect: Julie Stalder, Weatherford, SWOSU Class of 2000
- Past President: Melanie Mouse, Oklahoma City, SWOSU Class of 1988
The board heard reports from SWOSU Foundation, Inc. Executive Director and SWOSU Assistant Vice President of Institutional Advancement Garrett King; SWOSU President Dr. Randy Beutler; SWOSU Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. James South; and SWOSU Athletic Director Todd Helton.
It was noted that alumni association memberships had increased 17% over the previous leadership term and that membership dues revenues had increased eightfold over the same time span.
The SWOSU Alumni Association was established in 1949 and operates as a subsidiary of the SWOSU Foundation, Inc. The Foundation was established in 1977 to promote philanthropy and distribute funds to support the activities and programs of SWOSU. Located on the Weatherford campus in the historic Burton House, the Foundation currently stewards over $26 million in assets for the benefit of SWOSU.
For more information please visit www.SWOSUAlumni.com.