Meeting of the SWOSU Presidential Search Screening Committee Delayed Until January
Due to the tremendous response of applications received on the last two days of the application period that ended December 6, the meeting of the Southwestern Oklahoma State University Presidential Search Screening Committee will be delayed until January.
The meeting was originally set for December 10 in Weatherford.
Jane McDermott, committee chair for the Regional University System of Oklahoma (RUSO), said regents want the screening committee to have ample opportunity to carefully consider every application before providing their recommendations. A day/time for the meeting will be announced later.
There are 71 applications for SWOSU president. Current President Randy Beutler announced his retirement effective June 30, 2021. McCaffree said the regents are not reopening the application period.
“We are pleased with the quantity and quality of the applications,” McDermott said. “We do thank the screening committee for their diligence on this assignment, and we look forward to getting their recommendations in January and moving forward.”
There are 21 members of the SWOSU Presidential Search Screening Committee as appointed by the RUSO Regents. The RUSO Regents will ultimately make the final hiring decision. Members of the screening committee are:
- Jane McDermott
- Connie Reilly
- Lake Carpenter
- Amy Anne Ford
Other Committee Members
- Greg Adams, Owner of Salisbury Pharmacy in Clinton & Alumnus
- Brian Adler, SWOSU Vice President of Public Relations & Marketing
- Cophie Anderson, SWOSU Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
- Dr. Lisa Appeddu, SWOSU Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Brad Berrong, Berrong Insurance and Alumnus
- Jaycie Brown, SWOSU Student & Former Student Government Association President
- Mike Brown, Mayor of Weatherford and Alumnus
- Dr. Jerry Dunn, SWOSU Associate Professor of Economics
- Bryan Evans, Evans & Davis Attorneys in Edmond and Alumnus
- Diane Fitzsimmons, SWOSU Staff Council President
- Kim Ingram, Kelley Jewelers and Weatherford Public School Board Member
- Dr. Henrietta Mann, Former President of the Cheyenne & Arapaho Tribal College and Alumnus
- Brent Meador, Vice President of 1st National Bank of Elk City and Alumnus
- Debbie Shepherd, State Farm Insurance and Alumnus
- Bill Swartwood, Dean of the SWOSU-Sayre Remote Location
- Dr. Karen Sweeney, SWOSU Assistant Professor in the Department of Business & Computer Science and Faculty Senate President
- Harold Wright, Owner of Wright Radio