The Monkey’s Paw Coming to SWOSU in Time for Halloween
Cast and crew of Southwestern Oklahoma State University’s production of The Monkey’s
Paw are getting ready for performances October 30-November 2 on the Weatherford campus.
SWOSU students, led by Dr. Patrick Julian and Jessica Salmans, will present the classic
The Monkey’s Paw, a classic horror story, will be presented by the Southwestern Oklahoma State University Department of Communication, Art & Theatre on the Weatherford campus.
The show is set for Homecoming Weekend and will be featured on Saturday, October 30, at 7 p.m.; Sunday, October 31, at 2 p.m.; and then again on Monday and Tuesday, November 1-2, at 7 p.m. in the SWOSU Hilltop Theatre.
This literary classic by W.W. Jacobs gets a bit of a twist in this world premiere of a brand-new adaptation written by SWOSU Assistant Professor of Theatre Jessica Salmans. New SWOSU faculty member, Dr. Patrick Julian, will direct the piece. Technical director is Salmans.
The play takes place in England just after the death of Queen Victoria. An old friend of Mr. White has come to visit the family, bringing with him a dark tale of a cursed monkey's paw and an admonition to be careful what a person wishes.
Admission is free with a SWOSU I.D. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for students. Reservations are not required but those who wish to reserve tickets may call the SWOSU Theatre Box Office at 580-774-6046.
Cast members, led by Julian, are:
- Braden Logan, Woodward, playing the role of Sergeant-Major Morris
- Amy Jessup, Snyder, Mrs. White
- Micah Baker, Snyder, Mr. White
- Raistlin Hiner, Anadarko, Herbert
- Diana Torres, Clinton, the visitor
- Laura Julian, Weatherford, live piano accompanist
- Savannah McCormick, Okarche, stage manager
- Drue Woodmansee, Edmond, technical crew
- Elizabeth Crouch, Choctaw, technical crew
- Lindsey Troglin, Mountain View, technical crew
- Reuben McCormick, Okarche, technical crew