SWOSU’s Westview Writers’ Festival Planned April 24-25
Southwestern Oklahoma State University’s annual Westview Writers’ Festival will be on Tuesday, April 24, and Wednesday, April 25 on the Weatherford campus.
All activities will take place in the SWOSU Memorial Student Center Ballroom.
Readings will be held both evenings from 6-8 p.m. and admission is free. A workshop is planned each evening from 5-6 p.m., and admission is $5 for the workshops.
On Tuesday, Marshall Todd Fuller will conduct a creative nonfiction writing workshop, and, on Wednesday, 2015-16 Poet Laureate Benjamin Myers conduct a poetry workshop.
The event celebrates the ongoing publication of Westview, SWOSU's literary journal, and supports emerging writers and publishers. Offering the workshops and readings by feature authors and students, the festival provides both education and entertainment while fostering the art of creative writing.
The schedule of events is:
Tuesday, April 24
- 5-6 p.m. Creative Nonfiction Workshop: Marshall Todd Fuller
- 6-7 p.m. Poetic Justice Poetry Reading
- 7-8 p.m. Marshall Todd Fuller Reading (creative nonfiction)
Wednesday, April 25
- 5-6 p.m. Poetry Workshop: 2015-16 Poet Laureate Benjamin Myers
- 6-7 p.m. Winners of Westview Poetry Contest Reading
- 7-8 p.m. Benjamin Myers Reading (poetry)
Tickets for the workshops are available by contacting Amanda Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets will also be available at the door if space is available.