SWOSU Assessment Center Offering Variety of Services in New Location
New happenings are taking place at the Assessment Center on the campus of Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford.
The center, under the direction of Jan Kliewer, recently moved from its previous location to a recently-remodeled building, located at 1001 N. 7th Street, on the west side of the SWOSU campus.
Kliewer said the new facilities have two computer labs with seating for 32, headphones to block out noise, lockers for storing personal belongings while testing and a lobby area with seating for 20 people.
“We are extremely pleased with our new facilities and look forward to serving all students as well as area residents,” Kliewer said.
The SWOSU Assessment Center offers a variety of testing opportunities, led by supervisor Sharon Jenkins. The center also does fingerprinting. Testing areas include:
- Certification Examinations for Oklahoma Educators (CEOE)
- Medical Lab Technician Certification
- Registered Health Information Administrator
- Registered Phlebotomy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician Certification
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS), Oncology Pharmacy Certification
- BPS Pharmacotherapy Pharmacy Certification
- Board of Certification (BOC) Athletic Trainer Certification
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification
- Intuit QuickBooks Certification
- Other certification tests through Castle Worldwide, Inc. and Pearson VUE (Pearson Education, Inc.)
- SWOSU Admission Tests
- Advanced Placement Tests
- Proctored Exams
Additional information can be found at the following site on the SWOSU website: http://www.swosu.edu/administration/assessment/testing.aspx
Kliewer said the center recently applied to become a certified test center through the National College Testing Association (NCTA).
“We are always looking for more testing opportunities that would serve our students as well as our community,” Kliewer said.