Advance Standing Credit for Licensed Practical Nurses
SWOSU offers the LPN nurse an advance standing credit of 30 nursing credit hours by successfully demonstrating nursing competence. The LPN applicant can take the Nursing Accelerated Challenge Exams (NACE) for advance standing credit toward the completion of the baccalaureate level courses at SWOSU Department of Nursing. These exams must be passed with a goal of 70%. LPN Applicants may contact SWOSU’s Assessment Center to discuss exam fees, schedule available test dates, and registration deadlines.
Advance standing credit will be awarded to LPN applicants for the courses listed below:
- NURS 3156 Fundamentals of Nursing
- NURS 3236 Acute & Chronic Care I
- NURS 4376 Psychosocial Nursing
- NURS 3256 Child Health Nursing (must demonstrate competency through exam scores)
- NURS 4356 Family Health Nursing (must demonstrate competency through exam scores)