Office of the Registrar
Reach Higher Program Information
The Reach Higher Program, a collaborative program among regional universities in Oklahoma, is a popular choice for working adults because it provides flexibility, affordability, and quality instruction. The students that participate in the Reach Higher Program pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Leadership. The vast majority of the Organizational Leadership Courses are available in an online format in eight week durations. If a student wants to gain admission into the Reach Higher Program, he/she must select a home institution where they will take the majority of their coursework and ultimately be awarded their degree. In addition to taking courses at their home institution, Reach Higher Students are also eligible to take other courses at different regional universities that are participating in the program. For more information about the Reach Higher Program please visit: www.okhighered.org/reachhigher.
Reach Higher Students Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the admission requirements to begin the Reach Higher Program?
- Have a minimum of 72 credit hours.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a minimum of 2.0 graduation/retention GPA in past college course work.
- Have completed general education requirements as defined by the home institution admitting the student. A provisional admission status may be used for students who do not yet meet this requirement.
- Satisfy all institutional requirements for completion of remedial coursework.
I meet the Reach Higher Admission Requirements and I want SWOSU to be my home institution, what do I need to do to get started?
1. Apply for the Reach Higher Program through the Reach Higher Website (if you are a current SWOSU Student and you want to change your major to Organizational Leadership, you must also fill out the application through the Reach Higher Website): https://www.okhighered.org/adc/onlineapp/pages/StartCreateAccount.aspx
- Submit all of your previous official transcripts to:
Daniel Archer, SWOSU Registrar
100 Campus Drive
Weatherford, OK 73096
- Once we receive all of your official transcripts, the Registrar’s Office will do a degree check and send one to you and one to Erin Hawkins. Erin is an Administrative Assistant at SWOSU’s Everett Dobson School of Business and Technology.
- After you receive a degree check sheet from the Registrar’s Office, contact Erin Hawkins at email@example.com to get advised on what classes you should take.
How many hours are required to complete the Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Leadership? 124 credit hours are required to complete the Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Leadership. Please click the link below to view the degree sheet:
- Reach Higher Program (PDF)
I am a Reach Higher Student at SWOSU and I would like to take an Organizational Leadership Course at another university, what do I need to do?
Please contact Daniel Archer at firstname.lastname@example.org to make this request. Please list your name, the institution that you want to attend, and the course title that you want to take. Daniel will contact the appropriate person at the university that where you want to take the course and make the necessary arrangements to help get you enrolled. While SWOSU will help you get enrolled at the other school, it is your responsibility as a student to make sure that the transcript at the other university is sent to SWOSU after the course is completed. Failure to submit transcripts could result in enrollment holds or graduation delays. If you are receiving financial aid and SWOSU is your home institution, please make sure to contact the SWOSU Financial Services Department and request that a consortium agreement be set up between SWOSU and the institution where the course is being taken.
I am a Reach Higher Student at another regional university and I would like to take a class at SWOSU as a guest student, what do I need to do to get enrolled?
If you are attending a home institution other than SWOSU, and you want to take a class at SWOSU as a guest student, please have the Reach Higher Contact at your home institution contact Daniel Archer at email@example.com and he will work with the Contact and make the necessary arrangements to enroll you in the course that you are interested in taking. Daniel will send you the proof of enrollment and the bill for the course. If you are receiving financial aid and SWOSU is not your home institution, please contact your home school’s financial aid department and request that a consortium agreement be set up between your home school and SWOSU.