Designed for Working Adults
Focusing on adult students, the Reach Higher program is designed to help adults who have earned some college credit complete a degree while balancing family, work and financial obligations.
Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership from SWOSU
If you have 72 or more hours of college credit, the Reach Higher Program may be your fastest track to earning that bachelor’s degree. At SWOSU, we offer a bachelor’s degree in Organizational Leadership through the Reach Higher program.
- Minimum of 60 credit hours
- Minimum of 2.0 graduation/retention GPA in past college course work
- Individuals admitted to the University who do not meet these requirements may be accepted into the program on a provisional basis until requirements are satisfied.
- Complete all General Education requiremtns as defined by SWOSU (or hold an Associates of Science or Associates of Arts from an academic institution in the state of Oklahoma).
- Complete Organizational Leadership Core Requirements and Area Focus Requirements (42-45 credits).
- Complete a total of 124 hours (including transfer credits).
Applying for admission to Reach Higher at SWOSU
To enroll in the Bachelor of Science Organizational Leadership Reach Higher program from SWOSU, you must choose SWOSU as your home institution. Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- Apply for admission to SWOSU and select Organizational Leadership as your major.
- Submit all of your previous official transcripts to:
Shamus Moore, SWOSU Registrar
100 Campus Drive
Weatherford, OK 73096
- After you have applied to SWOSU and submitted your transcripts, you may contact Dr. Wiggen, the Reacher Higher advisor and program coordinator, to start the academic advisement and enrollment processes — firstname.lastname@example.org; 580.774.3052; Stafford348. He may request that you forward copies of your transcripts to him to conduct a preliminary degree check.
- Once we receive all of your official transcripts, the Reach Higher advisor – Dr. Todd Wiggen – will be able to work with the Registrar’s Office to complete an official degree check.
contact Dr. Todd Wiggen, Reach Higher Program Coordinator
Enrolled in Reach Higher at Another Institution?
If you are a Reach Higher Student at another regional university and would like to take a class at SWOSU as a guest student, this is what you need to do to get enrolled:
Contact Shamus Moore at email@example.com, and he will work with the contact and make the necessary arrangements to enroll you in the course that you are interested in taking. Shamus will send you the proof of enrollment and the bill for the course. If you are receiving financial aid and SWOSU is not your home institution, please contact your home school’s financial aid department and request that a consortium agreement be set up between your home school and SWOSU.