Designed for Working Adults
Focusing on adult students, the Reach Higher program is designed to help adults who have earned some college credit complete a degree while balancing family, work and financial obligations.
Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership from SWOSU
If you have 72 or more hours of college credit, the Reach Higher Program may be your fastest track to earning that bachelor’s degree. At SWOSU, we offer a bachelor’s degree in Organizational Leadership through the Reach Higher program.
- Minimum of 72 credit hours
- 21 years of age or older
- Minimum of 2.0 graduation/retention GPA in past college course work
- Have completed general education requirements as defined by SWOSU. If you don’t meet this requirement, a provisional admission status may be used so we can get you started.
- Meet SWOSU’s remedial coursework requirements
Choosing SWOSU as Your Home Institution
To enroll in the Bachelor of Science Organizational Leadership Reach Higher program from SWOSU,you must choose SWOSU as your home institution. Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- Apply for the Reach Higher Program through the Reach Higher Website (if you are a current SWOSU Student and you want to change your major to Organizational Leadership, you must also fill out the application through the Reach Higher Website).
- Submit all of your previous official transcripts to:
Shamus Moore, SWOSU Registrar
100 Campus Drive
Weatherford, OK 73096
- Once we receive all of your official transcripts, the Reach Higher advisor – Dr. Todd Wiggen – will be able to work with the Registrar’s Office to complete an official degree check.
- After you have applied to SWOSU and for the Reach Higher Program and after we’ve received all official transcripts (Items #1-2 above), you can contact Dr. Wiggen to start the academic advisement and enrollment processes — firstname.lastname@example.org; 580.774.3052; Stafford348.
Enrolled in Reach Higher at Another Institution?
If you are a Reach Higher Student at another regional university and would like to take a class at SWOSU as a guest student, this is what you need to do to get enrolled:
Contact Shamus Moore at email@example.com, and he will work with the contact and make the necessary arrangements to enroll you in the course that you are interested in taking. Shamus will send you the proof of enrollment and the bill for the course. If you are receiving financial aid and SWOSU is not your home institution, please contact your home school’s financial aid department and request that a consortium agreement be set up between your home school and SWOSU.