Never before competed in any National Finals of the Miss America Organization or have previously won the title of Miss SWOSU.
- Must be at least 18 years of age as of July 31st in the calendar year of the State Competition in which she will compete;
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent by July 31st in the calendar year of the State Competition in which she competes; and
- Must not be older than 25 years of age as of the last day in the calendar year of the State Competition in which she competes (December 31)
Must be enrolled in and attending classes on a full-time (12 hours) basis at SWOSU, at either campus (Weatherford or Sayre)
Must be a citizen of the United States of America at the time she enters her first competition.
Must be a high school graduate or have successfully completed the G.E.D. testing program for high school equivalency or have successfully completed the academic requirement for entry into SWOSU. Must have a grade point average of 2.5 or above. Grades for incoming freshman will be determined from High School transcript. All scholarship awards will be released pending verification of 2.5 grade point average at the end of Fall semester.
- Must have never been married.
- Must have never been pregnant.
- Must not be the adoptive parent of any child.
- Must never have been convicted of any criminal offense.
- Must not have criminal charges presently pending.
- Must be in good health and can participate fully and without limitation in any Program activities.
- Must not use or consume any illegal controlled dangerous substances or abuse the use of alcohol or other dangerous substances.
- See candiate contract for additional requirements.
- Must not be a relative of a Miss SWOSU competition director or of any Miss SWOSU competition volunteer.