You are not eligible to compete If you have ever previously competed in any Miss America Organization national finals or won the Miss SWOSU title.
- Must be at least 19 years of age as of December 31 in the calendar year of the State Competition in which she will compete
- Must not be older than 26 years of age
- Candidates who are 18 years of age by December 31, 2022, can choose to compete in either the Miss or Teen Program. However, she must be a high school graduate by July 31st, 2022, if she chooses to compete in the Miss Program.
Must be enrolled in and attending classes on a full-time (12 hours) basis at SWOSU, at either campus (Weatherford or Sayre)
Must be a citizen of the United States of America at the time she enters her first competition.
Must be a high school graduate or have successfully completed the G.E.D. testing program for high school equivalency or have successfully completed the academic requirement for entry into SWOSU. Must have a grade point average of 2.5 or above. Grades for incoming freshman will be determined from High School transcript. All scholarship awards will be released pending verification of 2.5 grade point average at the end of Fall semester.
- Must have never been married
- Must have never been pregnant
- Must not be the adoptive parent of any child
- Must never have been convicted of any criminal offense
- Must not have criminal charges presently pending
- Must be in good health and can participate fully and without limitation in any Program activities
- Must not use or consume any illegal controlled dangerous substances or abuse the use of alcohol or other dangerous substances
- See candiate contract for additional requirements
- Must not be a relative of a Miss SWOSU competition director or of any Miss SWOSU competition volunteer