Dear Miss SWOSU Candidate:
Thank you for your interest in being a candidate in the Miss SWOSU Scholarship Competition!
This letter will give you information needed to complete your application.
The forms you need to complete and the instructions for your résumé and social impact statement are located on within this website. The forms can be found under the Forms section of this site. Open the document(s) you want and SAVE it on your disk or your hard drive. If you have questions or would like assistance, bring a jump drive to my office (see below) and I will copy them for you or will help you get them ready to print.
This website contains an instruction sheet for the preparation of your social impact statement, an example of a social impact statement and an instruction sheet for completing the candidate’s résumé, and an example of a candidates’s résumé. The résumé and social impact statement, as well as your picture, will be put in the judges’ folders.
The extra forms needed are Candidate Entry Form and Candidate Talent Clearance Form. These two forms are in an online format that will be sent directly to me upon your completion. You will not need to print these forms. This instruction letter can also be found there along with candidate’s eligibility and competition judging information.
- As a candidate, you will be asked to sell pageant tickets
- As a candidate, you will be asked to solicit scholarship patrons to help raise scholarship monies. The Contestant Scholarship Patron Form can be found on the Forms & Resources webpage.
- As a candidate, you will be required to help raise funds for the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and register with the CMNH. Each local candidate will need to raise a minimum of $100 per pageant. Go to Children’s Miracle Network for special instructions in registering.
See below for check list.
Campus Police Department
Check list for all Miss Candidates:
REQUIRED: All Forms listed below are due on October 1, 2019
- Copy of driver’s license
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of health insurance
- Copy of current enrollment at SWOSU
- Copy of transcript (if freshman, provide high school transcript)
▁▁Official Candidate Entry Form (online form)
▁▁ Talent Clearance Form (online form)
▁▁ Candidate Resume (e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org)
▁▁ Candidate Social Impact Statement (e-mail to email@example.com) Must be signed!
▁▁ Talent music (e-mail MP3 to firstname.lastname@example.org)
▁▁ Scholarship Patron Sheet with money for each sold (minimum of three required)
▁▁ Children’s Miracle Network Hospital Registration
Create account with CMNH and raise $100
Qualification Report (due November 7, 2019)
▁▁ Contract (will be e-mailed after entry received)