Dear Miss SWOSU's Outstanding Teen Candidate:
Thank you for your interest in being a candidate in the Miss SWOSU's Outstanding Teen Competition!
This letter will give you information needed to complete your application.
The forms you need to complete and the instructions for your résumé and platform issue statement are located on within this website. The forms can be found under the Forms section of this site. Open the document(s) you want and SAVE it on your disk or your hard drive. If you have questions, contact me for clarification.
The website also contains an instruction sheet for the preparation of your platform issue statement, an example of a platform issue statement and a template as well as an instruction sheet for completing the candidate’s résumé, and an example of a candidate’s résumé and template. The résumé and platform issue statement, as well as your picture, will be put in the judges’ folders.
The extra forms needed are Candidate Entry Form and Candidate Talent Clearance Form. These two forms are in a format that will be sent directly to me upon your completion. You will not need to print these forms.
There are two new forms this year
State Candidate Registration form and fee ($35) and the Local Competition Registration form and fee ($75). The Local Competition Registration form will be sent to you after completing the State form. Teens will not have to have the local $75 fee (use code TEENLOCAL).
As a candidate you will be asked to sell tickets as well as sell scholarship patron’s to help with our scholarship funds.
See below for check list.
SWOSU Public Safety Director
All Forms should be mailed or hand delivered to
Miss Southwestern Scholarship Competition
Kendra Brown, Director
100 Campus Drive
Weatherford, OK 73096
No Entry Fee!
Only complete entries will be accepted. All forms are due by December 13, 2021.
Teen Orientation and Mock Interviews – TBA
Check List for All Miss SWOSU Outstanding Teen Competition
The following information must be returned to be considered entered in the Miss SWOSU Outstanding Teen Pageant:
- Add State Candidate Registration form & fee (online form)
- Add ‘Local Competition Registration form
- Résumé — one original & five copies
- Social Impact Initiative — one original & five copies. Be sure to SIGN!
- Talent Clearance Form — this form is instantly sent to me upon completion
- Candidate Entry Form — this form is instantly sent to me upon completion
- No Photo needed — Photo provided at Photo Shoot during the Teen Orientation Meeting (TBA).
- Two Talent CDs (one for back-up)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Middle School or High School Transcript
- Scholarship Patrons and money for each sold — three required. Make checks payable to Miss Southwestern Scholarship Competition, also, CASH is accepted!