Department: Pharmaceutical Sciences
Office: CPP 368
|Degree||Institution||Area of Study|
|B.S.||Ohio State University||Pharmacy|
|Pharm.D.||Medical University of South Carolina||Pharmacy|
|Residency||University of Illinois||Drug Information|
SCHOLARLY INTERESTS AND RESEARCH AREAS:
- Drug Information
- Drug-Induced Disease
- Clinical Toxicology
|Drug Information||Pharm 4302|
|Pharmacy Seminar 1||Pharm 3010|
|Pharmacy Seminar 2||Pharm 4010|
|Pharmacy Seminar 3||Pharm 5010|
- Dean of the College of Pharmacy, SWOSU (2012- 2015).
- Interim Dean of the College of Pharmacy, SWOSU (2011-2012).
- Associate Dean for Clinical Programs, SWOSU (2000-2011).
- Assistant Dean for Clinical Programs, SWOSU (1992-2000)
- Director, Drug Information Service, Univ. of Oklahoma (1986-1992).
- Interim Director of Pharmacy Services, Univ. of Oklahoma (1985-86)
- Assistant Director of Pharmacy Services, Univ. of Oklahoma (1984-85)
- Clinical Coordinator of Pharmacy Services, Univ. of Oklahoma (1982-84).
- Brodie Scholar-in-Residence, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy. Scholar program served in Washington DC. 2010-11.
- Distinguished Alumnus of the Ohio State University College of Pharmacy, 2009.
- Academic Leadership Fellow, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy. 2005-2006.
- Fellow of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy 1995.
- Fellow of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, 1995.
- Hospital Pharmacists of the Year, 1991.
- ICI Pharmaceuticals International Exchange Fellow. Fellowship served at the Yorkshire Regional Drug Information Centre /Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. 1991.
- Chair, Drug Information Panel, Annals of Pharmacotherapy
- Past-President, Oklahoma Society of Health-System Pharmacists
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS (RECENT)
- Thompson JP, Thompson DF. Nebulized Fentanyl in Acute Pain: A Systematic Review. Annals of Pharmacotherapy (in press).
- Streetz VN, Gildon BL, Thompson DF. The role of clonidine in neonatal abstinence syndrome: A systematic review. Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2016;50:301-310.
- Thompson DF, Walker CK. A Descriptive and Historical Review of Bibliometrics with Applications to Medical Sciences. Pharmacotherapy 2015;35(6):551-559.
- Thompson DF, Brooks KA. Topical amitriptyline for the treatment of neuropathy: A systematic Review Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics. 2015;40:496-503
- Bloodworth LS, Haines SL, Kearney KR, Lipowski EE, Sorensen TD, Thompson DF, Lau Y-S. Considerations for embracing and expanding community engaged scholarship in academic pharmacy. Report of the 2013-2014 Research and Graduate Affairs Committee. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2014;78(8): Article S8.
- Thompson DF, Ramos CL. Psychopathy: A review for the pharmacist. U.S. Pharmacist 2014;39(11): HS1-HS5
- Thompson DF, Ramos CL, Willett JK. Psychopathy: Clinical Features, Developmental Basis, and Therapeutic Challenges. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics 2014;39:485-495.