Department: Pharmacy Practice
Office: St. Anthony Hospital
1111 N. Lee Ave, Suite 241
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
Phone: 405.272.7118 Fax: 405.601.1201
|Degree||Institution||Area of Study|
|Pharm. D.||Southwestern Oklahoma State University||Pharmacy|
|PGY 1 Residency||Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System||Pharmacy Practice|
|PGY 2 Residency||Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System||Geriatrics|
SCHOLARLY INTERESTS AND RESEARCH AREAS:
- Internal Medicine
- Pain Management
- Renal Disease
- Education & Training
|Pharmacotherapy I||Pharm 4323|
|Pharmaceutical Care Lab IV||Pharm 4341|
|Health Issues III||Pharm 5822|
|APPE - Medicine Selective A||Pharm 5954|
|APPE - Medicine Selective B||Pharm 5964|
|APPE - General Medicine||Pharm 5974|
- Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy, Downers Grove, IL
- Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
- Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Abilene, TX
- St. Anthony Hospital Family Medicine Residents’ Award of Appreciation
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Hix M. Pain and Sensory Disorders. In: Hutchison LC, Sleeper RB, editors. Fundamentals of Geriatric Pharmacotherapy: An Evidence-based Approach, 2nd Edition. Bethesda, MD: American Society of Health-System Pharmacists; 2015, Chapter 14.
- Hix M. Management of Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathic Pain. ACCP Pharmacotherapy Self-Assessment Program 6th Edition, Chronic Illnesses, Book 11. 2009.
- Survey of Men's Health Issues. Continuing education program through SWOSU. 2017
- The Dementias. Continuing education programming through the SWOSU Continuing Education office. 2013.
- Medications and Transitions of Care. Presentation at multidisciplinary education conference with the Oklahoma Geriatric Center. Weatherford, OK. November 2012.
- Types of Dementia and Treatment Options. Continuing education symposium for Texas Tech Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy. Dallas, TX. January 2012.
- Pain Management in the Elderly. Continuing education program for Illinois Council of Health-System Pharmacists Annual Meeting. Oakbrook Terrace, IL. August 2010.
- Clinical Controversies: Pharmacologic Treatment of Unintentional Weight Loss: Making the Case for Orexigenics. Educational session at ASCP’s 30th Midyear Conference in Las Vegas, NV. May 2008. Encore presentation at AMDA 2009 Annual Symposium in Charlotte, NC. March 2009.