Chair, Associate Dean for Clinical Programs, Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Director, SWOSU/Walgreen Co. PGY1 Community Pharmacy Residency Program
Department: Pharmacy Practice
Office: Pasteur Medical Building
1111 North Lee Ave., Suite 241
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
Phone: 405.601.8154 Fax: 405.601.1201
|Degree||Institution||Area of Study|
|Pharm.D.||University of Michigan||Pharmacy|
|Residency||Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago||Pharmacy Practice|
SCHOLARLY INTERESTS AND RESEARCH AREAS:
- Internal Medicine
- Nutritional Support
- Infectious Diseases
|Pharmacotherapy III||Pharm 5234|
|Pharmaceutical Care Lab VI||Pharm 5361|
|APPE - Selective A||Pharm 5944|
|APPE - Selective B||Pharm 5984|
- Associate Dean for Clinical Programs, Pharmacy Practice Department Chair, and PGY1 Community Pharmacy Residency Program Director, Southwestern Oklahoma State University College of Pharmacy, Weatherford, OK, 2012-present
- Associate Professor/Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Southwestern Oklahoma State University College of Pharmacy, Weatherford, OK, 2004-present
- Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Norman Regional Health System, Norman, OK, 2004-2012
- Clinical Pharmacist, Baltimore Washington Medical Center, Glen Burnie, MD, 2002-2004
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy Practice, The University of Louisiana at Monroe College of Pharmacy, Monroe, LA, 1995-2002
- Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator, Glenwood Regional Medical Center, West Monroe, LA, 1995-2002
- Clinical Staff Pharmacist, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL, 1994-1995
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Academic Leadership Fellows Program, 2015-2016
- Fellow of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (FASHP), June 2011
- Louisiana Society of Health-System Pharmacists Award for Health-System Clinical Pharmacist of the Year, 2002
- American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy (AJHP) Editorial Board, Member (2014-2016)
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Section Advisory Group on Preceptor Skills Development, Member (2013-2016)
- Infectious Diseases Section Co-Editor for ASHP’s PharmPrep Online, 2013-2014 refresh cycle
- Manuscript Reviewer for AJHP and Hospital Pharmacy
- ASHP Student Society of Health-System Pharmacy Faculty Co-Advisor for Southwestern Oklahoma State University College of Pharmacy (2005 – present)
- ASHP Commission on Affiliate Relations, Member (2010-2013)
- Oklahoma Delegate to the ASHP House of Delegates (2009-2011)
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Professional Affairs Committee, Member (2013-2014)
- American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (A.S.P.E.N.) Standards of Practice for Nutrition Support Pharmacists Task Force, Member (2013-2014)
- A.S.P.E.N. Abstract Review Committee, Member (2011 – present)
- Oklahoma Society of Health-System Pharmacists Past President (2012-2013), President (2011-2012), President-Elect (2010-2011), Secretary (2008-2010)
- Louisiana Society of Health-System Pharmacists Co-Founder and Past President of the Northeast Chapter (2001-2002)
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Boerma M, Coyle EA, Dietrich MA, Dintzner MR, Drayton SJ, Early, II JL, Edginton AN, Horlen CK, Kirkwood CK, Lin AYF, Rager ML, Shah-Manek B, Welch AC, Williams NT. Point/Counterpoint: Are outstanding leaders born or made? American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2017;81(3): Article 58.
- Wroge J, Williams NT. Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists in cardiac disorders. The Annals of Pharmacotherapy. 2016;50:1041-50.
- Tucker A, Ybarra J, Bingham A, Blackmer A, Curtis C, Mattox T, Miller C, Ward C, Williams NT (task force). American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (A.S.P.E.N.) standards of practice for nutrition support pharmacists. Nutrition in Clinical Practice. 2015;30(1):139-46.
- Mobley Smith MA, Boyle CJ, Keresztes JM, Liles J, Garrelts MacLean L, McAllister EB, Silvester J, Williams NT. Report of the 2013-2014 Professional Affairs Standing Committee: advancing the pharmacy profession together through pharmacy technician and pharmacy education partnerships. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2014;78(10): Article S22.
- Williams NT. Cases on Bone and Joint Infections. In: Eiland LS, Ginsburg DB, eds. PharmPrep Online, 2013-2014 refresh cycle (two cases published). American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, 2014.
- Williams NT. PSAP-VII, Book 11, Gastroenterology and Nutrition (Book Review). The Annals of Pharmacotherapy. 2012;46(12):1725.
- Patatanian E, Williams NT. Drug-induced yawning – a review. TheAnnals of Pharmacotherapy. 2011;45:1297-1301.
- Williams NT. Probiotics. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy. 2010;67:449-58.
- Williams NT. Medication administration through enteral feeding tubes. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy. 2008;65:2347-57.
- Williams NT. Evaluation of parenteral nutrition management in a hospital without a formal nutrition support team. Hospital Pharmacy. 2007;42:921-30.
- Thompson DF, Williams NT. Tracking the growth of drug therapy literature using PubMed. Drug Information Journal. 2007;41:449-55.