College of Pharmacy
To be recognized as a dynamic educational environment in which students develop the personal, professional, intellectual and leadership skills needed to advance the profession of pharmacy.
The College of Pharmacy educates and empowers pharmacy graduates who, as part of a healthcare team, aspire to a lifelong commitment of personal and professional development and exceptional patient- centered care. The College of Pharmacy creates, disseminates, and applies knowledge and innovation to advance the health and wellness of culturally diverse populations.
The College of Pharmacy embraces these values as foundational pillars:
- Fostering professionalism and integrity by cultivating a sense of personal and institutional responsibility, self-awareness and accountability.
- Providing mentorship of students and colleagues to promote their professional and personal growth.
- Exhibiting excellence and innovation in teaching, service, and research/scholarly activity.
- Expressing compassion for others and engaging in community service.
- Sustaining a collegial environment that promotes collaboration and mutual respect between administration, faculty, staff, preceptors, students and alumni.
- Promoting diversity, cultural awareness and the preservation of human dignity.
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
To be recognized as a premiere department that prepares the best and brightest pharmacists who utilize scientific principles and critical thinking to confidently solve problems and make informed decisions in any healthcare setting.
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences prepares graduates to apply the biomedical, pharmaceutical, and social/behavioral/administrative sciences to the provision of the highest quality, patient-centered care.
- Teaching: Utilization of innovative, competency-centered practices.
- Scholarship: Engagement of students in basic and applied pharmaceutical and healthcare research and scholarly activity.
- Service: Commitment to serve and contribute to the health and well-being of the college, university and community.
Department of Pharmacy Practice
To develop pharmacy practitioners with the skills, knowledge, attitudes and values to deliver exemplary patient-centered care and advance the profession of pharmacy.
The Department of Pharmacy Practice develops highly competent practitioners who deliver quality patient-centered care in diverse settings as part of a healthcare team; provides service to the University, community and profession; and imparts new knowledge to the pharmacy profession through scholarship.
The Department of Pharmacy Practice embraces these values as foundational pillars:
- Developing a strong knowledge base and critical thinking skills.
- Fostering effective communication and collaboration skills to promote team-based patient-centered care.
- Creating an environment where faculty and preceptors mentor patient-centered care and interprofessional collaboration.
- Developing a life-long commitment to self-assessment and professional development.
- Cultivating professionalism, compassion, mutual respect, preservation of human dignity and personal accountability among students, faculty, preceptors, patients and the community.